If you are a compassionate individual interested in helping KHS make a difference in the lives of our community's homeless animals, please visit this site often for a
list of available positions.
Please email your information to email@example.com or
mail your information to:
Debbie Jeffrey, Executive Director
Kootenai Humane Society
P.O. Box 1005
Hayden ID 83835
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Please use the following application if you do NOT have a resume.
JOB TITLE: Feline Care Technician/Customer Service Representative
SCHEDULE: Full time; must be available weekends and holidays as needed
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly; non-exempt
KHS is seeking a motivated, customer service-focused team player to provide support to the front desk, adoptions, and animal
care operations. The successful candidate will assist the public with a wide-range of animal-related visits and calls. Responsibilities include providing OUTSTANDING customer service,
maintaining accurate animal records, and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for animals and people.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Feline Care Technician will work directly with the animals under supervision.
Responsibilities include: feeding, watering, vaccinating, medicating as directed by the veterinarian, grooming, training, and exercising the animals. Maintaining the cleanliness of
the facility, including all individual kennels, public and restricted areas, and all equipment and supplies used.
Customer Service Representative will work directly with all customers and their pets. Responsibilities include: assisting customers with adoptions, medical appointments, and shelter information; entering customer data into shelter computer programs; accepting
payments for services; and answering phones.
- Understand and adhere to all KHS policies and procedures, rules of conduct, and employment agreement
- Maintain and promote a positive image of KHS.
- Follow established procedures to feed, water, groom and exercise animals.
- Assist with vaccinations and/or administer medications as directed by veterinarian.
- Assist with evaluation of incoming animals.
- Observe the animals in your care for any sign of stress or illness. Report any observations that concern you to
management and/or staff veterinarian.
- Be knowledgeable of and abide by all city, county, and state laws and ordinances involving stray animals as well as the
care, control, impounding and disposal of animals.
- Enter computer data completely and accurately.
- Perform customer service duties at the front desk with adoption/redemption paperwork with customers.
- Responsible for collecting payments for all services and balancing daily cash register receipts.
- Entering adoption and services rendered into KHS computer systems
- Answering phones
- Follow established cleaning procedures to maintain a healthful and clean environment, including individual kennels as well
as bathroom facilities, kitchen area, laundry area, and all other areas of the shelter as directed by your supervisor.
- Follow established procedures to wash dishes and laundry.
- Report any problems that hinder you from completing your assigned duties to management.
- Assist other employees in their work as needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you on a temporary or permanent basis my management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn KHS computer programs
- Multitasking with customers in person and by phone
- POS experience
- Sales and/or accounting background a plus
- Experience in an animal shelter or vet office a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a compassionate attitude toward all animals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to safely handle and control large and/or difficult animals.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
JOB TITLE: Thrift Store Donation
REPORTS TO: Thrift Store Manager
The Thrift Store Donation Loader assists in the necessary duties needed of Kootenai Humane Society’s thrift store
operations to generate revenues to support Kootenai Humane Society. The Donation Loader will greet customers as they deliver donations, provide friendly and positive customer service, assist in
unloading donations, organizing donations in storage room, stock donations to store, inspect electronics; including motors, small electrical appliances, lawn equipment and the like, for salability,
and perform light maintenance and cleaning as assigned.
- Maintain appearance of the store's interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Store manager.
- Bring items out to the floor for display and stocking.
- Assist customers loading items in vehicles.
- Clean, test, grade, and prepare used and/or open box consumer electronics for resale.
- Grade each product for condition, appearance, fault, or blemish.
- Communicate with team and management any concerns, questions, or discrepancies to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond quickly to the bell for customer service needed at the dock.
- Assist customers lifting the donated items: May lift up to 100 lbs.
- Assist customers in carrying out purchased items and load into their vehicles.
- Assist customers with the unloading of large and heavy donated items and with the loading of items for recycling.
- If needed, participate in weekly pick-ups of donated items from customer’s household.
- Document defects or product imperfections.
- Manage daily tasks with minor supervision.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required.
- Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout
store on a continual basis as required.
- Ability to use hand tools to assemble merchandise.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean record, and be able to be insured under organization’s auto insurance policy.
- Present a professional, clean appearance and provide courteous service to all customers.
- Attention to detail.
- General knowledge of consumer electronics.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.